Heemskerk Innovative Technology (HIT) is a consultancy firm located in Delft and specializes in the field of robotics and mechatronics.
HIT supports and guides innovative high-tech projects in critical phases of their development.
- Aims to become a household name in the Netherlands in the field of innovative concepts and interactive robot task simulation
- Founded in 2007 by mr. Cock Heemskerk (1960)
- Works closely with universities and colleges
About Cock Heemskerk
- Studied mechanical engineering at the Delft University of Technology (M.Sc 1985)
- Performed at the same university research at assembly with industrial robots (PhD 1990)
- 1985-1986 was a visiting scientist at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- From 1990 to 2007, at Dutch Space on various projects, often with a robotics component
- One of the main designers of the European Robotic Arm (ERA) and involved in the very concept design through to qualification and delivery
- Initiator and executor of many robotics studies for use in the aerospace and beyond.Recent examples are DexArm, SSBB and Eurobot.
- FlexArrayer inventions, product FlexGen, a spin / out from Dutch Space, the LUMC and Leiden University.
- Inititiefnemer the Remote Handling Study Centre at FOM Institute DIFFER
- Inspiration, author and co-author of numerous publications on robotics and remote handling
- Married and has two children
- Member of KIVI / NiRia, IEEE R & A, EURON, NVR
Cock Heemskerk on LinkedIn